Update: This opportunity is now closed.
Apply by 13 December 2020 for a grant of up to £50k. Collaborate with international partners and realise your creative idea
The British Council is inviting applications for creative commissions that bring together art, science and digital technology and offer innovative responses to climate change. The commissions will be part of the cultural programme in the build up to the United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26), which the UK is hosting in Glasgow in November 2021.
We are inviting collaborative applications from individuals and organisations in the UK with partners from eligible countries and states overseas.
You can apply for up to £50,000 to realise your creative idea and we are looking to support up to 20 projects. We want these commissions to stimulate truly global conversations, bringing people from different countries, cultures and communities together to understand each other’s perspectives and to work together on creative responses and solutions to climate change.
Find out more and join an information session
Please read full details about the call and who can apply in the Briefing document (Microsoft Word 62KB).
There is also a short film which provides an introduction to the Briefing document in British Sign Language. We will add an easy read version of the Briefing document to this web page shortly.
You can now register to join one of three online information surgeries via the links below. Each session will talk you through the brief and answer any questions. Please inform us of any access needs at least one week prior to your event, so we have time to put appropriate measures in place. All sessions will be run in English.
- Information Surgery 1: Tuesday 10 November, 10.00 – 11.30 GMT
- Information Surgery 2: Wednesday 18 November, 16.00 – 17.30 GMT (FULLY BOOKED)
- Information Surgery 3: Monday 23 November, 14.00 – 15.30 GMT
Apply by 13 December 2020
Once you have read the Briefing document above, please apply by Sunday 13 December 2020 at 22.00 hours (GMT). Due to the volume of applications expected through this open call, we are now welcoming submission of applications online. There are two forms to fill out – an Application form, and an optional Equality and diversity monitoring form.
- For the Application form: Please either submit your application via the Online application form, or alternatively fill out this Word document version of the Application form (Microsoft Word 59KB) and then upload it to this website
- For the Online Equality and diversity monitoring form - This is optional, and can be completed by the lead UK applicant about their own organisation.
We look forward to receiving your application. For any questions, please email email@example.com. If you require the application form in another format, please get in touch.